Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The Houston Astros (85-68) and Kansas City Royals (51-102) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Minute Maid Park, at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are coming off a series defeat to the Orioles, and the Royals a series win over the Guardians.
The probable pitchers are Framber Valdez (12-10) for the Astros and Cole Ragans (6-4) for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (12-10, 3.20 ERA) vs Ragans - KC (6-4, 3.44 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cole Ragans
- Ragans gets the start for the Royals, his 11th of the season. He is 6-4 with a 3.44 ERA and 100 strikeouts over 83 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the left-hander tossed six innings against the Houston Astros, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.44, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 27 games this season. Opponents are hitting .209 against him.
- Ragans enters this game with six quality starts under his belt this year.
- Ragans will try to continue an 11-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 3.1 innings per outing).
- He has had 15 appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Cole Ragans vs. Astros
- He meets an Astros offense that ranks fifth in the league with 789 total runs scored while batting .260 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .437 slugging percentage (sixth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 211 home runs (seventh in the league).
- Head-to-head against the Astros this season, Ragans has pitched 10 innings, giving up seven earned runs on 11 hits while striking out 10.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- The Astros will hand the ball to Valdez (12-10) for his 30th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up no earned runs in seven innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.20 ERA this season with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.3 walks per nine across 29 games.
- He's going for his sixth straight quality start.
- Valdez will look to finish five or more innings for the 10th start in a row.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 29 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 29-year-old ranks seventh in ERA (3.20), 12th in WHIP (1.087), and 28th in K/9 (8.7).
Framber Valdez vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 26th in MLB with 635 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 152 home runs (26th in the league).
- The Royals have gone 5-for-24 with a double in one game against the left-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.