Royals vs. Astros Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 22
Friday's contest that pits the Houston Astros (85-68) versus the Kansas City Royals (51-102) at Minute Maid Park has a projected final score of 5-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Astros, who is slightly favored in this matchup according to our model. First pitch is at 8:10 PM on September 22.
The Astros will give the nod to Framber Valdez (12-10, 3.20 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Cole Ragans (6-4, 3.44 ERA).
Royals vs. Astros Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Score Prediction
Our pick for this game is Astros 5, Royals 4.
Total Prediction for Royals vs. Astros
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Explore More About This Game
Royals Performance Insights
- The Royals have played as the underdog in 10 of their past 10 games and have gone 6-4 in those contests.
- In its last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, Kansas City and its opponents are 3-7-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The Royals have not covered the runline in any of their previous 10 games (two of those games had a runline).
- The Royals have been underdogs in 131 games this season and have come away with the win 43 times (32.8%) in those contests.
- This year, Kansas City has won seven of 27 games when listed as at least +180 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 35.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- The offense for Kansas City is No. 26 in MLB play scoring 4.2 runs per game (635 total runs).
- The Royals have pitched to a 5.15 ERA this season, which ranks 28th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 16||Astros||W 10-8||Cole Ragans vs J.P. France|
|September 17||Astros||L 7-1||Jordan Lyles vs Framber Valdez|
|September 18||Guardians||W 6-4||Brady Singer vs Cal Quantrill|
|September 19||Guardians||W 7-6||Steven Cruz vs Logan Allen|
|September 20||Guardians||W 6-2||Zack Greinke vs Lucas Giolito|
|September 22||@ Astros||-||Cole Ragans vs Framber Valdez|
|September 23||@ Astros||-||Jordan Lyles vs J.P. France|
|September 24||@ Astros||-||Brady Singer vs Hunter Brown|
|September 26||@ Tigers||-||TBA vs Reese Olson|
|September 27||@ Tigers||-||Zack Greinke vs Tarik Skubal|
|September 28||@ Tigers||-||Cole Ragans vs Sawyer Gipson-Long|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.