Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The Kansas City Royals (47-101) aim to continue their three-game winning streak when they square off against the Houston Astros (83-65) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Astros will look to J.P. France (11-5) versus the Royals and Cole Ragans (6-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: France - HOU (11-5, 3.61 ERA) vs Ragans - KC (6-4, 3.13 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cole Ragans
- The Royals are sending Ragans (6-4) out to make his 10th start of the season. He is 6-4 with a 3.13 ERA and 93 strikeouts through 77 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up only one hit.
- The 25-year-old has a 3.13 ERA and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .206 to opposing batters.
- Ragans enters this game with six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Ragans will try to go five or more innings for his 10th straight appearance. He's averaging three frames per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in 15 of his 26 appearances this season.
Cole Ragans vs. Astros
- He will match up with an Astros offense that ranks fourth in the league with 1319 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .435 (sixth in the league) with 202 total home runs (eighth in MLB play).
- In four innings over one appearance against the Astros this season, Ragans has a 4.5 ERA and a 1.25 WHIP while his opponents are batting .313.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: J.P. France
- The Astros' France (11-5) will make his 22nd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed six innings while giving up one earned run on four hits in a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.61, a 2.29 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.323 in 22 games this season.
- He has started 21 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 13 of them.
- France will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- He has finished four appearances without allowing an earned run in 22 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.