(WIBW) - You might call one Topeka event a smash hit!
The Blizzard Bash was named the Best Demolition Derby in the World this year. The Demolition Derby League awards the honor to the event that most captures the thrill, excitement and sportsmanship of the demo derby world.
“Blizzard Bash is the best there is!” says Dudley Disastro, Commissioner of the DEMOLITION DERBY LEAGUE. “The people of Topeka can be proud of the impact this well-run event is having and the positive well-being created by the participants and fans.”
“We are very excited about this announcement!” says Sam Williams, promoter of Blizzard Bash. “We host the largest indoor door demolition derby and have found that the inside show is the perfect environment to create a better show for the fans. We have doubled attendance every year and feel that we will do so again next year.”
The Blizzard Bash took place over November 14, 15 and 16 at the Kansas Expocentre. It beat out 352 events in 13 countries for the honor.
TOP 10 DEMOLITION DERBY EVENTS IN THE WORLD
As selected by the DEMOLITION DERBY LEAGUE – December 2014
1. Blizzard Bash – Topeka, Kansas USA
2. Fall Brawl – Lindsay, Ontario CANADA
3. Bash For Cash – Washington Court House, Ohio USA
4. Keystone Nationals – Brookville, Pennsylvania USA
5. Winter Slam – Garden City, Minnesota USA
6. National Bangers – Ipswich, Suffolk UK
7. T Bone Memorial – Oskaloosa, Iowa USA
8. Redneck Rumble – Sturgis, Kentucky USA
9. Crossroads of Destruction – Albert Lea, Minnesota USA
10. Demolicar – Sumare, Sao Paulo, BRAZIL