TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)- Now is the time for open enrollment for Medicare Part D and advantage plans.
Follow these tips from Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger to stay a step ahead of scammers.
Open enrollment began Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 15, 2014
- Be aware of door-to-door salespeople. Agents cannot solicit business at your home without an appointment.
- Check with the Kansas Insurance Department to make sure the salesperson is licensed.
- No marketing in educational or care settings is allowed.
- No free lucnhes, either.
-Do not give out personal information to anyone not verified as a licensed agent. Once you have decided to purchase a plan and have verified that the agent is licensed, you may give the agent personal information to assist in enrollment and billing.
- Verify the plan chosen is an approved Medicare plan at www.medicare.gov or at 800-633-4227
- Read and understanfd the plan.