Propane Torch Gets Blame For Fire At KC-Area Club

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) _ A propane torch is getting the blame
for a fire that caused extensive damage to a suburban Kansas City
country club.

The Kansas City Star reported that roofers had been working on
Milburn Golf & Country Club before the blaze started Monday at the
clubhouse.

The fire department says roofers thought they had put out a
small fire, but an hour later an automatic alarm summoned
firefighters to the clubhouse.

High winds drove the fire. It took five hours for firefighters
from Overland Park and several neighboring agencies to bring the
blaze under control.

The club's vice president, Bob Fischgrund, has said the club
would rebuild.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)