TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- The U.S. Attorney's Office revealed that a series of raids 13 NEWS first reported earlier this month were linked to an alleged $1.7 million cocaine trafficking ring.
Viewers alerted us to the operations, which occurred in areas that included the 3800 block of SW Atwood and a building at Carriage House Apts. on July 9th and 10th. At the time, the U.S. Attorney's Office would only say that they were related to an ongoing federal investigation.
On Tuesday, they announced eight people, including six from Topeka, were indicted to distribute more than five kilograms of cocaine from October 2014 through this month. The indictment seeks forfeiture of more than $73,000 in cash that was seized on July 9th.
They were identified as:
- Booker Zachery Johnson, III, 38, Topeka, Kan.
- Quinton “Ron” Warner, 39, Houston, Texas.
- Huey James Love, 57, Grandview, Mo.
- Shanae Ransom, 30, Topeka, Kan.
- Christopher McMillon, 32, Topeka, Kan.
- Frederick Brooks, 35, Topeka, Kan.
- Brannon Smith, 37, Topeka, Kan.
- Trena L. Talbert, 48, Topeka, Kan.
The U.S. Attorney's Office confirms the indictments are linked to the raids 13 NEWS asked about earlier this month.