(WIBW) - It's early in recruiting, but this weekend has been a class-builder for Les Miles and his KU football staff.
Over this weekend, the Jayhawks have received eight commitments. That has pushed their total for 2020 to 20 commits, which is the most in the Big 12.
When you factor in the average ratings of each recruit, Kansas only trails Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the conference. Nationally, according to 247Sports, KU ranks 28th.
That's ahead of conference foes like Kansas State and Texas. Kansas has not even ranked in the top 50 since 2014.
Nineteen of the Jayhawks' 2- commits are three-star recruits. The eight who have committed this weekend are as follows:
- JaCobee Bryant (Three-star cornerback from Evergreen, Alabama)
- Garrett Jones (Three-star offensive guard from Berrien Springs, Michigan)
- Tommy Brandt (Three-star offensive tackle from Saint Paul, Minnesota)
- Kenean Caldwell (Three-star defensive tackle from Oak Grove, Louisiana)
- Malik Johnson (Three-star wide receiver from The Woodlands, Texas)
- Nicholas Martinez (Three-star offensive tackle from Anaheim, California)
- Caleb Taylor (Three-star defensive end from Florissant, Missouri)
- Juan Jarrett (Three-star outside linebacker from Cincinnati, Ohio)