1 tablespoon soybean oil
1 small onion, diced
3 cups chopped cauliflower
1 cup diced white potatoes
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
2 cups plain soymilk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
DirectionsHeat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
3. Add cauliflower, potatoes and broth. Cover and cook for 8 minutes until very tender.
4. Place mixture in food processor. Process 1 minute until smooth.
5. Return to saucepan and heat over medium heat.
6. Add soymilk and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to simmer. Season the soup with salt and pepper as desired.
7. Ladle into bowls. Tope with parsley, lemon zest and garlic.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 1 bowl: 120 calories, 6g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 4.5 fat, .05 g sat fat, 0 g trans-fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium