TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Get the new WIBW Weather app in the App Store
The new WIBW 13 Weather app offers a more powerful way to track severe storms, get alerts where you are, or just plan your day – all from Northeast Kansas’ #1 Weather Team.
In it, you’ll quickly see if you need an umbrella or if you can leave that jacket at home as you start your day or head out for the night. The ten-day extended forecast lets you plan your day (and more, importantly, your weekend) early. Plus, the 13 Weather Team will provide you with frequent updates to explain how the forecast will affect you.
When dangerous storms do roll in, the app’s unique features step up to help keep you and your family safe. You can get alerts whenever severe weather threatens WHERE YOU ARE. You’ll know when a notification comes, it’s meant for you and your neighbors.
You can track the storms on the interactive 250-meter radar – the highest resolution available. With future casting, you’ll see not only where the storms were, but where they are going and when they are going to get there. The map can also show you which areas are under watches or warnings and it will let you add layers, from road conditions and snow cover to area temperatures and rainfall totals.
And it all comes in a clean and easy-to-use design!
The WIBW Mobile Weather App includes:
- Access to station content specifically for our mobile users;
- 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available;
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery;
- Future radar to see where severe weather is headed;
- Current weather updated multiple times per hour;
- Ability to add and save your favorite locations;
- Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models;
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness;
- Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather;
- Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service