Shawnee Co. in walk-in accident reporting
The Shawnee Co. Sheriff Office have officially implemented the walk-in accident reporting phase, also known as Phase III.
During the walk-in accident reporting phase, Deputies will only respond and investigate accidents that fall under the parameters listed below:
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
All other drivers involved in accidents are encouraged to exchange insurance, registration and contact information and call the Shawnee Co. Sheriff's Office at 785-251-2200.