Several Kansas health centers rewarded for quality healthcare
Several federally qualified health centers around Kansas have been recognized and rewarded for providing quality healthcare.
Throughout the state, 18 FQHCs have been awarded $1,259,650 by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
The funds are meant to continue the health care the centers provide, and to even improve them.
Two centers, GraceMed Health Clinic and PrairieStar Health Center, were recognized as National Quality Leaders. This means that they are in the top 1-2 percent of health centers in the country.
“Becoming a National Quality Leader has been a goal of ours for the last few years, not for the recognition, but because it validates that our approach to delivering patient-centered care works,” Bryant Anderson, PrairieStar CEO, said.
All of the recipients are members of the Community Care Network of Kansas.
“Our state is stronger when the people who live in, serve, and represent our communities have access to the best health care available,” Denise Cyzman, CEO of Community Care, said. “This recognition rewards their hard work and showcases their leadership as providers of choice.”
- Atchison Community Health Clinic, Atchison - $24,983
- Community Health Center in Cowley County, Winfield - $55,315
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Pittsburg - $55,000
- First Care Clinic, Hays - $104,314
- Flint Hills Community Health Center, Emporia - $52,562
- Genesis Family Health, Garden City - $19,840
- GraceMed Health Clinic, Wichita - $202,476
- Health Ministries Clinic, Newton - $35,000
- Health Partnership Clinic, Olathe - $51,721
- HealthCore Clinic, Wichita - $40,143
- Heart of Kansas Family Health Care, Great Bend - $85,146
- Heartland Community Health Center, Lawrence - $112,334
- Hoxie Medical Clinic, Hoxie - $40,706
- Hunter Health Clinic, Wichita - $64,761
- KDHE Farmworker Health Program, Statewide - $5,977
- Konza Prairie Community Health & Dental Center, Junction City - $90,860
- PrairieStar Health Center, Hutchinson - $166,637
- Salina Family Health Care Center, Salina - $51,875