TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) --- Several local businesses have said they want to help students who need meals while schools are closed.
Many schools have called off classes at the order of local health departments due to COVID-19.
Some student who are not in school often don’t get a meal, so these businesses say they will help:
2134 N. Kansas Ave, Topeka
- Free Snack Lunch
915 S. Kansas Avenue, Topeka
- Starting a “Kids Eat Free” program through the end of March
- $1,000 to support Project Topeka and we will be donating $1 from every paid meal to Project Topeka
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
609 NW US Highway 24, Topeka
- Kids in the Topeka area Eat Free while they are out of school
Kansas Coffee & Ice Cream
428 N. Marshall St., Chapman
- Free breakfast and lunch for students
The Iron Rail
705 S. Kansas, Topeka
- Free kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal
721 Massachusetts, Lawrence
- Free Sack Lunches
PT's at Wheatfield Village
2811 SW Fairlawn Rd, Topeka
- Free school lunch for any child under 18
1720 S.W. Wanamaker
- Offering 2 free kids meals with purchase of any adult meal.
Several schools have also said they will provide sack lunches for students during the extended breaks. Check with your local district for instructions.
If you know of a business who is providing help, please send a message to email@example.com