Advertisement

Lawrence issues warning after recycling center fire

Published: Jun. 13, 2018 at 11:33 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Officials are warning people to avoid the area near an east Lawrence recycling center following a fire.

According to the city, Lawrence-Douglas Co. Fire Medical has responded to reports of a blaze at the 12th and Haskell Recycling Center, at 1006 E. 11th Street.

Anyone in the area who smells smoke should immediately go inside, officials warned. After going inside, people should also limit any fresh air coming into the home - that includes turning off the air conditioning.

They should stay inside until the smoke clears.