Advertisement

Inattentive cooking to blame for fire in east Topeka

(WIBW)
Published: Mar. 16, 2017 at 1:59 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Inattentive cooking on a stovetop is to blame for a fire in east Topeka late Wednesday.

Firefighters were called to an apartment building in the 1200 block of SW Polk around 10:15 p.m. They noticed light smoke and flames through a second-story window when they arrived.

Firefighters kept the fire contained to the kitchen of an apartment. They determined it was food cooking on the stovetop that led to the fire.

Nobody was hurt. Damage estimates sit at $20,000.