Fire officials investigating after blaze destroys Topeka home

By  | 

TOPEKA (WIBW)- Fire crews say an early morning south Topeka fire was accidental, but are still determining what started it.

Authorities say they were called to a home at 1717 SW Harp Place shortly before 9 a.m. Monday. Fire crews say the home was fully involved in fire when they arrived. They say the two adults and four children made it out with no injuries.

Officials say the fire started somewhere in the living room, but did not say what started it.

A next door neighbor told 13 News he heard some sort of explosion or some sort of loud noise which woke him up. He said he then noticed flames coming from the home.

The total loss of the home, including the structure and items inside, is about $90,000.