Fire rips through home in rural Hoyt

Published: Dec. 14, 2018 at 7:24 AM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Nobody was hurt at a house fire in rural Hoyt early Friday morning.

Multiple agencies responded to 16700 98 Road in Hoyt to help battle the blaze.

Jackson County Sheriff Tim Morse says the home was a log cabin structure and was a complete loss.

13 NEWS spoke to a resident who said she woke up around 3 a.m. to smoke alarms going off. She said she was able to get everyone out of the house, including four dogs.

The fire is suspected to have sparked from a heat lamp that was being used for animals.

The American Red Cross is assisting two adults and four children who live in the home.

13 NEWS had a crew on the scene.

The fire was brought under control around 5:30 Friday morning.

Latest News

Latest News