Fire investigators say electrical appliance, vapors spark repair shop fire

By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- A Thursday night fire did $60,000 damage to an auto repair shop.

Topeka Fire says crews found the garage at 1701 SE Madison fully involved when they arrived just before 6:30 p.m., Thursday.

They say the roof collapsed, sending crews into a defensive attack. No one was inside the building at the time.

Investigators believe it was accidental, starting when an electrical appliance got too close to flammable vapors.

Topeka Fire says the blaze caused $25,000 damage to the building and $35,000 to contents.