EL DORADO, Kan. (WIBW) -- An El Dorado man who is already a registered sex offender is now accused of child sex crimes that occurred over the span of five years.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says it has filed a superseding indictment against Daniel Eric Merida. The new charges include producing child pornography, which carries a sentence of no less than 25 years in prison.
The crimes allegedly occurred at various times from 2014 to 2018, prosecutors say.
Merida, 35, was arrested following an investigation by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
In addition to producing child pornography, Merida also faces charges of:
- Felonies involving minors while a registered sex offender;
- Distributing child pornography;
- Possessing child pornography;
- Sending obscene material to a minor, and;
- Transporting child pornography.