Candle blamed for Wednesday mobile home fire in Emporia

By  | 

EMPORIA, Kan. (WIBW) One person suffered minor injuries in a mobile home fire in Southwest Emporia late Wednesday afternoon.

KVOE Radio says crews were called to 303 Melody Lane, inside the West Hills Manufactured Homes Community shortly before 5 p.m.

When they arrived, the home was fully involved in flames.

KVOE says one person was taken to the hospital by private vehicle for unknown injuries.

Fire officials say the blaze appears to have been caused by the unsafe use of a candle.