TOPEKA, Kan (WIBW) --- The Better Business Bureau is asking people to think twice before sending a letter to Santa.
Some Santa letter companies have proven to be scams.
The BBB says numerous offenses by these companies have been reported.
- Complete failure to send anything at all
- letters arriving days, even weeks after Christmas
- Non-response to emails or attempted phone calls
- Refusal to send a refund for their inferior service or lack of service
- Advertising harassment
- extra charges on credit cards, sometimes double charging
There are better ways to communicate with Santa.
The BBB say to use the United States Postal Service’s Letters from Santa Program. They will provide letters to children from Santa himself with a real North Pole postmark on them.
Parents can also channel their inner Elf and make their own letters using free letter templates online.
If you do decide to pay a company to provide a letter from Santa, the BBB urges you to do your research first.