Autopsy: Toddler found unresponsive in Wichita motel died as a result of 'methadone toxicity'

By  | 

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) -- Autopsy results show a 2-year-old boy found dead in a south Wichita motel in May had methadone in his system.

According to Sedgwick County District Coroner Timothy Gorrill, 2-year-old Zayden Jaynesahkluah died as a result of methadone toxicity.

Toxicology results show a juice bottle containing red liquid and a cigarette butt both tested positive for methadone and nicotine. A can of Coke containing a cigarette butt and cigarette ashes also tested positive for the drug.

The report states the boy had 0.82 mg/L of the drug in his femoral blood and 0.50 mg/L in the blood in his heart.

Police arrested Zayden's mother, Kimberly Compass, on Aug. 15 and charged her with first-degree murder in the boy's death.

Compass is being held in the Sedgwick County jail on a $500,000 bond. She's due back in court in September.