LIBERAL, Kan. (KWCH) -- Six puppies were killed in a shed fire in Liberal on Sunday.
Liberal firefighters responded to the call of a fire in the 200 block of S. New York around 8:09 a.m. There they found a shed fully engulfed and spreading to a nearby mobile home.
Crews were slightly hampered in their efforts to fight the fire by downed power lines in the yard.
They were able to get the fire under control within an hour.
The Liberal Fire Chief says the fire is believed to be an accident.
Investigators believe a heat lamp for the puppies was too close to combustible materials.
The shed was destroyed. Damage to the mobile home was under $5,000. It sustained some melted siding and two windows were broken out.
No people were hurt in the fire.