11 Indiana teens hospitalized after eating gummy bears with THC

Generic gummy bears photo. Photo: Thomas Rosenau via MGN.
By  | 

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) -- In Indiana, police are investigating after a group of teenagers ate gummy bears that contained THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

Police say they responded to a county road in LaPorte Co., Indiana, where they found a 19-year-old man along the road. The man reported told a deputy he was sick after ingested an unknown drug and want to go to the emergency room.

The man, who was not identified, went on to say he was there with several friends who also ingested the drugs. Police located a nearby home where they believe the incident occurred and found ten other teens inside. They had also taken the drugs, police said.

All of them complained of rapid heart rates, pain in the legs, and blurred visions. Several of them also reportedly said they were suffering from hallucinations.

Including the original man, eleven 18-and-19 year-old were taken to area hospitals. While none of their names were releases, police did say six of them were men and five were women.

Police determined they had each eaten a half of a gummy bear that supposedly contained THC.