1 hurt in central Topeka fire

(WIBW/ Eric Ives)
By  | 

TOEPKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- One man was hurt in a Monday afternoon fire at a central Topeka home.

The Topeka Fire Dept. says the man, whose name was not released, was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.

Firefighters were called to the house, at 3009 SW 8th St., around 3 p.m. The fire was already out by the time they got there. A charred mattress was pulled from the home.

A preliminary investigation indicates the the fire was accidental and likely connected to smoking.