5 escape mobile home fire early Wednesday in south Topeka
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Five people -- two adults and three children -- escaped a mobile home fire early Wednesday in south Topeka.
The blaze was reported around 5:53 a.m. Wednesday at the Live Oaks mobile home park in the 200 block of S.E. 29th Street.
The five people who were in the mobile home were able to make it outside safely before crews arrived.
The mobile home appeared to have sustained damage to its rear section near its southwest side.
Topeka Fire Department officials told 13 NEWS at the scene that a search of the residence found no one inside the mobile home.
No injuries had been reported as of 6:43 a.m. and a fire investigator had been called to the scene.
The American Red Cross had been contacted to assist the mobile home’s residents with their post-fire-related needs.
A preliminary investigation determined the fire was accidental in nature, associated with an electrical malfunction. The estimated loss from the fire was $55,000. The structure sustained about $40,000 worth of damage and about $15,000 of contents were lost in the fire.
Check wibw.com later for more details as they become available.
Copyright 2023 WIBW. All rights reserved.