Crews respond to house fire early Friday in East Topeka
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Crews made quick work of a house fire early Friday in East Topeka.
The incident was reported at 5:51 a.m. Friday at a residence at 314 S.E. California Ave.
Light smoke was reported by Topeka Fire Department crews upon their arrival.
Officials told 13 NEWS at the scene that the blaze appeared to have started in a “kink” in an extension cord behind the home.
The damage was confined to siding on the back side of the house, officials said.
No injuries were reported.
Crews had cleared the scene as of 6:22 a.m. Friday.
Copyright 2023 WIBW. All rights reserved.