Crews respond to house fire Monday morning in Topeka
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Crews responded to a house fire Monday morning in Topeka’s College Hill neighborhood.
The blaze was reported around 8:45 a.m. at a two-story residence at 1422 S.W. Jewell Ave.
Light smoke could be seen coming from the chimney area on the south side of the house.
Crews extended ladders to reach the upper portion of the house on both its north and south sides.
Authorities told 13 NEWS at the scene that no one was home when the fire occurred.
A passerby called 911 to report the blaze, authorities said.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
The fire remained under investigation Monday morning.
Check wibw.com later for more information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2023 WIBW. All rights reserved.