One cat dead, eight families displaced after fire breaks out at apartment complex
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - According to Shawnee County Dispatch at around 6:27 pm emergency crews were called to the Pines Apartment complex, at 238 SW Gage Boulevard in West Topeka, on reports of a fire.
When crews arrived they found the apartment complex engulfed in flames. The fire started on the balcony and continued into the attic affecting eight complexes within the building.
All residents were able to make it out safely. No injuries were reported. Officials say one cat died from smoke inhalation.
The Topeka Police Department, Topeka Fire Department, and AMR responded to the scene.
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All rights reserved.