TPD implements walk-in accident reporting as weather begins in Topeka
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - As it begins to rain in Topeka, police have implemented walk-in accident reporting.
During the walk-in phase, TPD said officers will only respond and investigate accidents that include the following:
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
TPD said all other drivers involved in accidents should exchange insurance, registration and contact information and call the department at 785-368-9551 or come down to the Law Enforcement Center to report incidents.
Kansas law requires drivers to have their headlights on when wipers are in continuous use as a result of rain, sleet or snow.
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All rights reserved.