Stormont Vail to begin Phase 3, 4 COVID-19 vaccinations
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Stormont Vail will start with Phase 3 and 4 vaccination on Monday.
Stormont Vail Health says it will begin to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to Kansans eligible in Phases 3 and 4 on Monday, March 22.
The health network said it receive its vaccine allocation from the Shawnee Co. Health Department and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Stormont Vail opens more COVID-19 vaccine appointments
Stormont Vail Health announced Wednesday morning they have opened more COVID-19 vaccine appointments for those in Phases 1 and 2.
Eligible Kansans can now schedule an appointment for Thursday, Mar. 18, and Friday, Mar. 19 by visiting the Stormont Vail website.
Stormont Vail said as additional doses are received, more appointment times will become available.
Those eligible for the vaccine in Kansas are:
· Health Care-Associated Workers
· Residents in Long Term Care (LTC), Senior Housing or LTC-Supported Independent Living
· Workers Critical to Pandemic Response
· Kansas residents aged 65 and over
· LEO/First Responders
· K-12 Faculty and Staff
· Some Congregate Settings (Homeless Shelters, Emergency Shelters, Adult Care Homes and AL/IL not covered in Phase 1)
· Other Congregate Settings (all remaining congregate settings)
· Other High-Contact Critical Workers as defined by the Shawnee County Health Department
Stormont Vail said the definition of a critical worker is outlined by the Department of Homeland Security.
They must meet the definition of a critical worker as outlined by the Department of Homeland Security.
They describe those workers as anyone that comes into consistent and close contact with a large number of individuals throughout their workday. High-contact workers, by definition, do not have the ability to work from home or easily move to distance themselves from others.
Anyone that needs assistance scheduling an appointment with Stormont Vail can call the COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Line at (785) 270-4786.
Copyright 2021 WIBW. All rights reserved.