Advertisement

Wood stove blamed for house fire

Topeka Fire crews were responding to a home at 321 SW Orchard St., March 2, 2021.
Topeka Fire crews were responding to a home at 321 SW Orchard St., March 2, 2021.(WIBW)
Published: Mar. 2, 2021 at 8:33 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Topeka Fire officials say a wood-burning stove appears to have sparked a house fire Tuesday night.

Fire crews were called around 8 p.m. Tuesday to a home at 321 SW Orchard, just northeast of the Sixth and MacVicar area.

According to officials, the fire was found to be accidental and caused by the malfunction of a wood-burning stove. TFD said it estimated around $30,000 in structural damage.

No one was injured. Working smoke detectors were not found within the home.

Copyright 2021 WIBW. All rights reserved.