TPD returns to normal accident reporting
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - The Topeka Police Department has returned to normal accident reporting, as of 8:45 p.m. Monday.
The Topeka Police Department has implemented walk-in accident reporting.
During the walk-in reporting phase, TPD will only respond and investigate accidents that fall under the following parameters:
- Injury, possible injury or death
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
Copyright 2020 WIBW. All rights reserved.