Advertisement

TFD: House fire caused by failing appliance

CREDIT: Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0
CREDIT: Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0(Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0)
Published: Aug. 30, 2020 at 8:04 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - The Topeka Fire Department says a Sunday afternoon house fire was caused by the failure of an appliance.

TFD responded to the home at 1005 SW Meadow Ln. around 4:30 in the afternoon.

When crews got to the scene, they found smoke coming from the home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire - no nearby structures were damaged.

Everyone inside the home was able to get out before crews arrived. No one was injured.

The fire caused an estimated $3,000 damage, all associated with content loss.

Copyright 2020 WIBW. All rights reserved.