A large storm system that brought heavy rain and snow showers to the Eastern third of the United States on Wednesday, and produced many flight delays across the country, continues to move to the Northeast and out to sea.
This will leave most of the country with quiet weather and easy travel conditions for Thanksgiving Day.
The exception to that will be across the Great Lakes Region where snow showers will be likely. Snow showers are likely in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Western New York. Some slick roads and a few flight delays will be possible in places like Detroit and Cleveland.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
* WIDESPREAD SNOW DEVELOPING THIS MORNING AND CONTINUING MOST OF
* NEW SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES FOR BALDWIN... WHITE
CLOUD... FREMONT.. BIG RAPIDS... REED CITY AND EVART.
* LESSER ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES FOR GRAND RAPIDS...
GREENVILLE... MOUNT PLEASANT AND CLARE.
* ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLICK THIS MORNING.
* THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION REMINDS MOTORISTS
TO TAKE IT SLOW IN ICE AND SNOW.