This July heat wave can do some wicked things to a car, so here are some tips on what you can do to avoid breakdown and be prepared for heat:
To Avoid breakdowns:
* Have your vehicle inspected by a mechanic –
belts – hoses – tires – batteries
* Keep tires properly inflated
* Pay attention to gauges on dashboard
* Keep an eye on the battery
* Pay attention to swelling/cracks in hoses
* Carry coolant or water
* Pull over if overheating to avoid serious damage
* Keep a charged cell phone handy
Your Preparation for Hot Weather Driving & Breakdowns:
* Never leave for a trip without water, for you, your family and your car!
* Avoid driving in the heat
* If vehicle disabled, don’t sit in the vehicle – go to nearby business.
Designed by Gray Digital Media