9th Annual Minority Scholarship Workshop
Event Dates and Times
Highland Park High School-South Gym
Lack of access to higher education among underrepresented populations is a growing concern in the United States. Challenges to access can take a variety of forms. The Minority Scholarship workshop is designed to better prepare low socio-economic and minority students to compete for collegiate scholarships by educating underrepresented students about the steps necessary to increase their chances of accessing a higher education. The Minority Scholarship Workshop is aimed at educating underrepresented student populations and their parents about how to maximize their scholarship opportunities and increase their potential to access a higher education.
The workshop includes information on:
• How to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid)
• Scholarships, grants, and loans
• HBCU’s (Historically Black Colleges and Universities)
• Financial aid process
• College options- 2 year, 4 year, trade schools
• Information that every college bound student should have
• How parents can support the college process and experience
• ACT, SAT, The scores MATTER!!!
This workshop is a 4-hour interactive workshop with presentations, and Q & A. The workshop has a component for students, and another for parents. Handouts, college notebook, and scholarship information is provided as part of the workshop.
Highland Park High School
Communities In Schools
785 274 6035