WIBW is pleased to bring state-of-the art, personal storm warning services to the Topeka area.
Recent improvements in how the National Weather Service defines warning areas have resulted in significantly higher accuracy and smaller warned areas, compared to the decades-old county-wide warning method. http://www.nws.noaa.gov/sbwarnings
The StormCall® system continuously monitors the National Weather Service's NOAA weatherwire. Using computerized mapping (GIS) the system compares a subscriber's specific location to the location of the warning area. When a severe weather warning includes your location, you will receive a phone call from Chief Meteorologist Jeremy Goodwin, 24 hours a day. You can also receive the warning by email with a detailed map of the threat or by SMS text messaging.
StormCall@Home works with ANY type of phone.
For iPhone or Android smart phone users, StormCall ToGo is available.
Choose the type of service which is best for you:
- Monitors your home or business' permanent location.
- Tornado, and/or severe thunderstorm warning calls (flash flood warnings are done via email or SMS text notifications only).
- ANY type of phone can be called - land lines, basic cell phones, or smart phones.
- $ 9.95 annual subscription per address for up to 3 phone #'s.
- Sign up can be done online, by mail, or calling a toll free messaging service.
- "Follows" your smart phone's current location, capable of updating once every minute.
- Tornado, and/or severe thunderstorm, & flash flood warning notifications + "all clear" delivered by phone call and/or SMS text.
- $ 11.95 annual subscription per smart phone for NWS warnings.
- Optional LIGHTNING notification for within 6 miles, + "all clear" messages.
- $ 11.95 annual subscription per smart phone for lightning notifications.
- Bundle NWS warnings + lightning notification for $ 17.95 annual subscription.
Storm Call For Schools
A FREE program for K-12 Schools in the WIBW Viewing Area.
Tornado & Severe Thunderstorm Warnings for the EXACT location of your school
Each school gets 3 phone numbers and 4 email addresses to be contacted
An All clear message will be sent after the warning has expired
Lightning Notification - Schools will be notified if Lightning strikes within a school specific 6 miles safe zone.
All Clear For Lightning Notification sent 15 or 30 minutes after last strike in school's specific safe zone.
School Administrators must email email@example.com to sign up
to see if your school has signed up for Storm Call!
631 SW Commerce Pl.
Topeka, Kansas 66615
User Agent: CCBot/2.0
- Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Limelight Networks