May 9, 2007--The Emporia State women's tennis team's trip to the NCAA
Round of 16 ended with a 5-0 loss to #1 ranked BYU-Hawai'i on Wednesday
in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
ESU dropped the three doubles matches to the top ranked Seasiders 8-2,
8-0 and 8-2.
BYU-Hawai'i's Anna Anikanova defeated ESU's Audrey Sherman 6-2, 6-1 in
the first finished singles match and Dori Magas clinched the match with
a 6-0, 6-1 win over Lacey Luina in #3 singles.
The Hornets finish the year 16-3 overall, won their second MIAA
Tournament Championship in the last three years and advanced to the NCAA
Division II Round of 16 for the first time in school history.
Women's Tennis Match Results
2007 NCAA Division II National Championships
Emporia State vs BYU-Hawaii
Round of 16
05/09/07 at Altamonte Springs, Fla.
#1 BYU-Hawai*i 5, Emporia State 0
1. Yuliya Ustyuzhanina (BYUH) vs. Marcella Bayon (ESU) 6-3, unfinished
2. Jing Jing Liu (BYUH) vs. Natalie Villaflor (ESU) 6-2, 1-0
3. Dori Magas (BYUH) def. Lacey Luina (ESU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Kun Deng (BYUH) vs. Karly Schultz (ESU) 6-0, 2-1 unfinished
5. Anna Anikanova (BYUH) def. Audrey Sherman (ESU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Shenley Searing (BYUH) vs. Molly Bowman (ESU) 6-2, 1-2 unfinished
1. Liu/Deng (BYUH) def. Villaflor/Luina (ESU) 8-2
2. Ustyuzhanina/Magas (BYUH) def. Bayon/Schultz (ESU) 8-0
3. Anikanova/Searing (BYUH) def. Sherman/Bowman (ESU) 8-2
BYU-Hawai*i 30-0 and ranked #1 in ITA National Rankings
Emporia State ends season 16-3