,Kansas City, Mo. (November 26, 2007) – No matter what the Midwestern weather brings this January, boating and sports enthusiasts can get their fix of the outdoors by attending the of the 2008 Kansas City Sportshow, where attendees can find the best that hunting, fishing, boating, and outdoor sports has to offer. The show returns to Bartle Hall in downtown Kansas City January 9-13, 2008.
The Show features more than 300 exhibitors displaying the latest boats, personal watercraft, RVs, ATVs, hunting and fishing accessories, and outdoor getaways from leading manufacturers. Other show features include:
· NEW! Snakeman Larry Battson’s Rattlesnake Roundup - Enjoy an entertaining and educational show featuring a variety of live reptiles.
· NEW! Remote Control Boat Races – Adults and kids alike can race these boats on the indoor course with hourly races and prizes awarded to the winners.
· NEW! Crocs™ Test Drive - The popular shoes, with their slip-resistant, non-marking soles, will be available for attendees to try out and wear during their time at the show. Available in a wide array of color and styles, attendees will have the opportunity to return the shoes for an online coupon, purchase the pair of shoes they are test driving, or may choose a different style as they leave the show floor.
· The Travelin’ Fish Tank - Local fisherman showing you the latest and greatest in lures and techniques from atop this giant indoor tank featuring a variety of fish from the Midwest.
· Willow Creek Trout Pond (For Children 12 and Under) – Young children have the opportunity to experience the thrill of catching a real, live rainbow trout in this indoor pond.
· Hunting and Fishing Seminars - Includes the 2007 FLW Angler of the Year, Jay Yelas and the 2007 Bassmaster Classic Champion, Boyd Duckett
Each day show attendees will have a chance for great giveaways. On opening night (January 9), the first 200 kids to enter will receive a free gift, compliments of the Kansas City Star. Thursday, (January 10) the first 250 attendees to enter the show will receive a free tote bag, compliments of the Kansas City Sportshow. On Friday, January 11, Plano Tackle’s “Take Me Fishing Day” will provide the first 150 children with a Plano Tackle Box. Saturday and Sunday, January 12-13, is Allstate Safety Weekend where the first 200 children to enter the show each day will receive a free lifejacket, compliments of Allstate Boat Insurance.
“This truly is a show for everyone,” said, Gerry Mulcahy, show manager. “With the variety of products and activities, this show is designed for visitors of all ages, outdoor enthusiasts of all experience levels and offers fun for the whole family.”
WHEN: Wednesday, January 9 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday, January 10 2:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, January 11 2:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, January 12 10:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday, January 13 10:00am – 5:00pm
WHERE: H. Roe Bartle Hall
301 W. 13th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
ADMISSION: Adults (16 and older): $9.00
Juniors (13-15): $5.00
Children (12 and under): FREE
E-Ticket Family Promotion: Purchase 3 tickets online and receive a 4th
free! Use your savings for parking!
Price Chopper Shopper Promotion: Attendees receive a $1 adult ticket discount by showing their Price Chopper card or key tag at the Prcie Chopper ticket booth, located in the 200 Lobby of the 13th Street entrance of Bartle Hall during show hours.
NOTE: Tickets are available at the Sportshow box office and online at www.kansascitysportshow.com
MORE: For more information on the 2008 show, visit www.kansascitysportshow.com or call (314) 567-0020
The 2008 Kansas City SportShow is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat shows. NMMA is the leading association representing the $39.5 billion per year recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce over 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers in the U.S. For more information about the NMMA, visit www.NMMA.org.