Apple, Walnut and Fresh Cherry Quinoa Salad
This recipe, prepared live on the 4:00 show Tuesday, comes from Chef Andrew, of the Ankeny, Iowa Hy-Vee
All You Need:
½ cup uncooked quinoa, prepared in Hy-Vee apple juice
½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
1 cup pitted and quartered fresh cherries
1 large apple, chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped red onion
1 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey
2-3 tbsp. Hy-Vee White Balsamic Raspberry Blush Vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
All You Do:
1. Prepare quinoa as directed on package, using Hy-Vee apple juice in place of water. Cool completely in refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
2. Toss cooled quinoa, walnuts, cherries, apple, celery and onion together in a large bowl.
3. Mix Hy-Vee honey and vinegar in a separate bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
5. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time.
(For more cherry information and recipes visit hy-vee.com.)