Roast Turkey Breast With Lemon Thyme Butter
1 (5-6 lb.) turkey breast
1 head garlic
Kosher salt, to season turkey breast
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbs. fresh minced thyme or ½ tsp. dried thyme
Zest from lemon
6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
Olive oil and kosher salt, to season
Maple syrup, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash and pat dry turkey breast and place into roasting pan or stoneware baker.
3. Zest lemon with microplane, then combine zest with butter and thyme.
4. Using fingers, loosen skin from turkey breast and place prepared butter mixture over breast beneath skin. (Smooth butter into place by placing hand on top skin and massaging.)
5. Cut zested lemon, orange, onion and garlic in half; invert turkey breast and place halves into cavity of turkey breast.
6. Turn turkey breast right side up and season with a sprinkle of kosher salt.
7. Place stuffed turkey breast, uncovered, into preheated oven and bake for 2 - 2 ½ hours or until instant-read meat thermometer registers 170 degrees when inserted into center of breast. (Cover breast loosely with foil if breast begins to brown too much.)
8. To prepared sweet potatoes, place on foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; season with kosher salt to taste.
9. Roast, uncovered, in 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
10. To serve with turkey breast slices, drizzle warm sweet potatoes with maple syrup.