Report: Boris Nemtsov, Outspoken Critic Of Putin, Shot Dead In Moscow
- Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov was shot four times and killed by an unknown assailant in central Moscow on Friday evening, a law enforcement agency told Russian state news agency Itar Tass.
Congress OKs 1-Week Bill To Keep Homeland Security Open
- The final vote of a long day and night was a bipartisan 357-60 in the House, a little more than an hour after the Senate cleared the measure without so much as a roll call.
Sen Roberts Explains Vote Against Homeland Security
- U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., released a statement Friday morning explaining his vote against a plan for the Department of Homeland Security executive amnesty.
Missouri Auditor, Governor Candidate's Death Called "Apparent Suicide"
- Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich, who had launched a Republican campaign for governor, fatally shot himself minutes after inviting reporters to his home for an interview.
John Boehner Scolds House Members: "You Know Who You Are"
- Boehner also reminded members of the importance of wearing "appropriate business attire during all sittings of the House, however brief their appearance on the floor might be."
Vote Delayed On Bill Easing Marijuana Penalties
- Kansas lawmakers are delaying action on a bill that would reduce sentences for the first two marijuana possession offenses.
Missouri Auditor Schweich Dies From Gun Shot
- A staff member says Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich, a Republican candidate for governor, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Bill Would Prevent Candidates From Taking Names Off Ballot
- The Kansas House has approved a bill that would prohibit candidates from withdrawing from an election unless they die.
More Political News