Topeka Lawyer Who Fled Cuba Hopeful Over Change In U.S. Policy
- Topeka lawyer Pedro Irigonegaray, who fled Cuba at the age of 12, says Wednesday's dramatic shift in U.S.-Cuba policy gives him hope.
Obama Announces Major Change In US-Cuba Relations
- President Barack Obama will deliver a statement about Cuba shortly after 11:00 a.m. Topeka time Wednesday, the White House says.
School Proposal Would Ban Most Teacher Bargaining
- A commission charged with studying efficiencies in Kansas schools considered a proposal that would ban teachers from most collective bargaining.
At Least 137, Mostly Children, Slaughtered By Taliban In Pakistan School
- A deadly, hours-long siege of a school in northwest Pakistan ended Tuesday evening with all the Taliban militants responsible killed, at least 137 people, most of them children, dead.
ACA: Last Chance To Sign Up & Get Insurance By Jan. 1
- This time, it's not only how the website functions, but how well the program itself works for millions who are starting to count on it.
Brownback Could Back Off Future Tax Cuts To Balance Budget
- Gov. Brownback sat down with 13 News Thursday to talk about his actions to balance the current budget, the challenges for next year and what's in store for tax cuts.
House Approves $1.1T Bill Financing Government
- Republicans have muscled a $1.1 trillion bill financing government agencies through the House after President Barack Obama phoned Democratic lawmakers and urged them to back the measure.
Pay Raise For Kansas State Workers Still On Table
- Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback isn't ruling out pay increases for government workers despite projected budget shortfalls.
More Political News