- Lawmakers are reviewing a bill that would create an 11-member legislative panel to review decisions by the State Board of Education on adopting and implementing any uniform education standards.
- A measure facing a vote Tuesday afternoon in the House was drafted by House and Senate negotiators to reconcile differences on legislation following individual income tax cuts enacted last year.
- The Senate approved a bill that would bar state and local officials from using state funds to prepare materials or broadcast advertising that promote or oppose gun control measures.
- Republican legislative leaders say they want to resolve budget issues before the two chambers work out their differences on tax cuts, the other big issue still hanging over lawmakers.
- The Kansas adjutant general and top officials with the Armenian Ministry of Defense say a 10-year relationship between the state and the former Soviet republic has yielded benefits for both groups.