Burned Popcorn Sparks State Office Building Evacuation

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

Hundreds of state employees got an unexpected break Monday afternoon when smoke alarms went off.

The Curtis State Office Building was evacuated around 3:30 pm Monday. The culprit, according to the Department of Administration, was burnt popcorn.

A spokesperson says popcorn smoking in a microwave set off the smoke alarms and sent workers out into the hot afternoon. People moved back in around 4 pm.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 24047234 - wibw.com/a?a=24047234
Gray Television, Inc.