Rally Supporters Say Tobacco Tax Proposal Is A Win For The State
Updated: 6:17 PM
- Supporters of Governor Brownback's proposal to raise the state's current tobacco tax from 79 cents a pack to $2.29 a pack, used Monday's statehouse rally to count the benefits.
Brother's Keeper Enters New Phase Amid Baltimore Tension
Posted: 2:57 PM
- From the campus of Lehman College in the Bronx, New York, Monday, President Barack Obama announced a spin-off of his already-existing "My Brother's Keeper" initiative into a new, non-profit foundation.
Bill Clinton Claims Foundation's Done Nothing 'Knowingly Inappropriate'
Posted: 8:14 AM
- Former President Bill Clinton tried to dismiss the controversy over foreign donations to his family's foundation, saying in a testy interview that the charitable organization "never done anything knowingly inappropriate."
Ben Carson Is Running For President
Updated: 10:49 AM
- "I'm Ben Carson, and I'm a candidate for president of the United States," he told a crowd in his hometown of Detroit on Monday, making his presidential bid official to wild applause.
Carly Fiorina Announces Presidential Bid
Posted: 7:03 AM
- Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina announced her candidacy for president on Monday, becoming the first declared female candidate to seek the Republican Party's nomination.
Topeka Waitress Tells Dining Governor To "Tip The Schools," Goes Viral
- A local restaurant waitress provided a tip of her own to Governor Brownback after he dined at Boss Hawg's and it has lit up social media.
Garden City Woman Receiving Global Love In Marijuana Debate
- A southwest Kansas single mother who lost custody of her son for using medical marijuana to ease her Crohn's disease has gone from being a massage therapist eking out a living in the back of a health food store to a national figure at the center of the pot debate.
Colorado Asks Court To Dismiss Sheriffs' Pot Lawsuit
- The lawsuit is one of several legal challenges Colorado faces after legalizing recreational pot in 2012. The sheriffs say that recreational pot burdens law enforcement and should be axed.
More Political News