City Clerk Faces Sentencing For Stealing From Town
Updated: 8:23 AM
- The former city clerk of a tiny southeast Kansas community faces sentencing for embezzling almost $60,000 from the town and her church.
Funerals Scheduled For 3 Killed At Jewish Sites
Posted: 8:05 AM
- Funeral arrangements for three people killed at two Jewish community sites near Kansas City on Sunday are scheduled for later this week.
Professors Endorse Proposed Social Media Policy
7 mins ago
- More than 80 distinguished professors have endorsed a new proposed social media policy for Kansas universities.
Arkansas City Library Fires Director
- The Arkansas City Public Library is looking for a new director. The library's Board of Trustees on Monday night approved the firing of Cece Rettiger, who had been on the job since last November.
Praeger, Kansas Groups Urge Health Compact Veto
- Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and several health care organizations are urging Gov. Sam Brownback to veto legislation that would allow Kansas to join a multistate health care compact.
Blood Moon: Sky Gazers Mesmerized As Red Hue Lights Up Night Sky
- Sky gazers caught a glimpse of the "blood moon" crossing the Earth's shadow Tuesday in all its splendor. The moon took on a reddish hue as it appeared in different phases between 2 and 4:30 a.m. ET.
- As America marks the anniversary of the Boston terrorist attack, survivors of earlier bombings describe their journeys forward --- and offer poignant words for those one year away from the day that changed their lives.
The Man Who Inspired The Boston Bombings
- One year after the Boston Marathon bombings and almost three years after his death in a CIA drone strike in Yemen, Anwar al-Awlaki, the New Mexico-born American cleric continues to be a major influence on violent jihadist extremists in the United States.
More Political News