Arkansas City Library Fires Director
- The Arkansas City Public Library is looking for a new director. The library's Board of Trustees on Monday night approved the firing of Cece Rettiger, who had been on the job since last November.
Praeger, Kansas Groups Urge Health Compact Veto
- Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and several health care organizations are urging Gov. Sam Brownback to veto legislation that would allow Kansas to join a multistate health care compact.
Blood Moon: Sky Gazers Mesmerized As Red Hue Lights Up Night Sky
- Sky gazers caught a glimpse of the "blood moon" crossing the Earth's shadow Tuesday in all its splendor. The moon took on a reddish hue as it appeared in different phases between 2 and 4:30 a.m. ET.
- As America marks the anniversary of the Boston terrorist attack, survivors of earlier bombings describe their journeys forward --- and offer poignant words for those one year away from the day that changed their lives.
The Man Who Inspired The Boston Bombings
- One year after the Boston Marathon bombings and almost three years after his death in a CIA drone strike in Yemen, Anwar al-Awlaki, the New Mexico-born American cleric continues to be a major influence on violent jihadist extremists in the United States.
Bob Dole To Tour Several Kansas Towns
- Former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole says he's looking forward to visiting friends across Kansas next week. Dole represented Kansas in Congress from 1960 until 1996. He will celebrate his 91s birthday in July.
Kansas Gets Extra Time In Voter Citizenship Case
- Kansas and Arizona will get more time to respond to the request by federal election officials for a stay in his ruling requiring them to enforce state laws requiring new voters to document their U.S. citizenship.
Tax Deadline Is Quickly Approaching
- Today is the tax deadline and the Free File Alliance, a nonprofit coalition of industry-leading tax software companies partnered with the IRS, reminds taxpayers that free, brand-name tax software is available .
More Political News