BREAKING: Food Network says it won't renew Paula Deen's contract after admission she used racial slurs. -MM— The Associated Press (@AP) June 21, 2013
(AP)-- Celebrity chef Paula Deen's admission that she had used the N-word in the past wasn't the first time the queen of comfort food's mouth had gotten her into big trouble. Now she's asking for forgiveness.
THE VIDEO BELOW POSTED TO YOUTUBE BY USER PAULADEEN WAS REMOVED SHORTLY AFTER BEING POSTED. THE ARTICLE BELOW QUOTES WHAT SHE SAID IN THE CLIP.
HERE IS THE SAME CLIP REPOSTED BY ANOTHER YOUTUBE USER
Paula Deen has issued an apology after admitting to having used racial slurs in the past.
In a video released Friday afternoon, the 66-year-old celebrity chef and Food Network star said, "I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done. I want to learn and grow from this."
"Inappropriate, hurtful language it totally, totally unacceptable," she continued.
The video ends with Deen saying, "Please forgive me for the mistakes that I've made."
Deen came under fire after she admitted to having used racial slurs in the past while being questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit involving a Savannah, Ga., restaurant she owns with her brother, Earl "Bubba" Biers.
According to a transcript of the deposition, filed Monday in U.S. District Court, an attorney for Jackson asked Deen if she has ever used the N-word.
"Yes, of course," Deen replied, though she added: "It's been a very long time."
Earlier Friday, Deen was a no-show for a scheduled appearance on the "Today" show where she was expected to discuss the issue.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.